150 Preston Executive Dr.
Cary, NC 27513
Registration Data; Account Security
In consideration of your use of the Site, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site ("Registration Data"); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to Company, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
Proprietary Rights in Site Content; Limited License
DZone reserves the right to delete, move or edit any Content (including Material posted in any interactive area of the Service) that it may determine, in its sole discretion, violates this Agreement or is otherwise unacceptable. However, DZone does not and cannot review all of the Content posted by users on the Service and is not responsible for such Content. You shall remain solely responsible for all Material. Although DZone reserves the right to remove any offending Content on the Service, you understand and agree that you nonetheless may be exposed to such Material and that you further waive your right to any damages (from any party) related to such exposure.
Additionally, DZone shall have the right, but not the obligation, to correct any errors or omissions in any Content, as it may determine in its sole discretion.
DZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any interactive area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any interactive area by users represents the views of the user posting the statement, and does not represent the views of DZone.
The Service may contain links to sites on the Internet which are owned and operated by third parties (the "External Sites"). You acknowledge that DZone is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any External Site. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such External Sites.
You understand that except for advertising programs offered by us on the Site (e.g., DZone), the Service and the Site are available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
In addition, you agree not to use the Service or the Site to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Service or the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Service or the Site;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any videos other than those of a personal nature that: (i) are of you or your friends, (ii) are taken by you or your friends, or (iii) are original art or animation created by you or your friends;
- register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on the Service or the Site.
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to its conflicts of laws provisions. By registering for or entering the DZone Network, you consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Raleigh, North Carolina.
In the event that any provision of the Terms of Service conflicts with the law under which the Terms of Service are to be construed or if any such provisions are held invalid by a court with jurisdiction over the parties to the Terms of Service, such provision will be deemed to be restated to reflect as nearly as possible the original intentions of the parties in accordance with applicable law, and the remainder of these Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect.
The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce strict performance by the other party of any provision of the Terms of Service or to exercise any right under the Terms of Service will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such party's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance, rather, the same will be and remain in full force and effect.
DZone may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms of Service and upon such assignment DZone may be relieved of any further obligation hereunder.
You represent to DZone that you have the authority to register with or visit the DZone Network according to these Terms of Service. DZone does not encourage or solicit visitors who are known to be under the age of 18 to become a member of or visit the DZone Network and does not permit anyone under the age of 13 to become a member of the DZone Site.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire understanding between the parties as to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings. Any legally unenforceable provision of these Terms of Service will, at the election of DZone, be deleted or modified to correct the defect and, regardless, the remainder of the terms of these Terms of Service will remain valid and enforceable.
DZone reserves the right to terminate free access to the DZone Network including any or all content, services, digital products, products, events, courses or tools with or without notice to you. DZone reserves the right (at DZone's discretion) to provide you with notice of such change by prominently posting a notice on the DZone Network and/or sending written notice to you at any e-mail and/or post office address you have provided to DZone. Once free access is terminated DZone may charge each subscriber any applicable fee, surcharge and/or membership fee for access to the DZone Network and/or any for-pay content, services, digital products, products, events, tools or products.