This post comes from Stephane Combaudon at the MySQL Performance Blog.
On April 3 at 10 a.m. PST, I’ll be giving a webinar titled “5 Percona Toolkit Tools for MySQL That Could Save Your Day.” In this presentation you’ll learn how to perform typical but challenging MySQL database administration tasks.
My focus will be on the following tools:
- pt-query-digest, to select the queries you should try to improve to get optimal response times
- pt-archiver, to efficiently purge purge data from huge tables
- pt-table-checksum/pt-table-sync, to check if data on replicas is in sync with data on the master
- pt-stalk, to gather data when performance problems happen randomly or are very short
- pt-online-schema-change, to run ALTER TABLE statements on large tables without downtime
You can reserve your spot for this free MySQL webinar now. If you can’t attend you’ll receive an link to the recording and the slides after the webinar.
More info on “5 Percona Toolkit Tools for MySQL That Could Save Your Day”Percona Toolkit for MySQL is a must-have set of tools that can help serious MySQL administrators perform tasks that are common but difficult to do manually. Years of deployments by tens of thousands of users including some of the best-known Internet sites, have proven the reliability of the Percona Toolkit tools for MySQL.
In this presentation, you will learn how you can use some of these tools to solve typical, real-world MySQL database administration challenges, such as:
- Selecting which queries you should try to optimize to get better response times
- How to efficiently purge data from a huge table without putting too much load on your server
- How to check which tables are affected when someone accidentally wrote to a replica and fix the problem without rebuilding the tables
- How to gather data for performance problems that happen randomly and last only a few seconds
- How to run ALTER TABLE on your largest tables without downtime